I Need To Say This
Sometimes I watch the news or follow the current events and commentary on Facebook or Tumblr… And I still cannot BELIEVE that there is still so much anti-Semitism going on.
They may not be going outright and saying it, like those idiots in Paris, but subconsciously it sounds like everyone is still trying to blame the Jews for everything. Yes of course, let’s blame the Jews for trying to defend themselves from a group of people who demonize them and refuse to recognize their nation, who build tunnels under their land, who disregard ceasefires and shoot missiles into their country killing their people, who teach their children that the Holocaust never even HAPPENED.
It sounds like from the media coverage and peoples opinions, Hamas has won. Because we have now turned to demonization. They have the world on their side.
And I know, I KNOW that innocent Gazans are being caught in the crossfire, and it is absolutely terrible to think of those families in danger. But what choice did Israel have? Just sit around being bombed by missiles? Let Hamas complete their mission to destroy their race? No other nation is lifting a finger to help them. They need to respond. They need to take out Hamas to finally bring peace to that region. An idiot would know that Israel just wants peace, constantly calling ceasefires and trying to just target their oppressors.
What was appalling was that someone tried to talk to me about how Israel was terrible to do that, how could they, blah blah blah, then before he could go further I went and admitted that I am a Jew by blood. And he said he no longer could discuss this with me. Why? Why can I not be a part of the conversation? I felt like I had just been shown one of those “Der Ewige Juden” posters, and pointed at. I forgot that Jewish opinions still, in the 21st century, do not matter.
Pray for Peace.
- 1. Post a picture of you?
- 2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
- 3. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys?
- 4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
- 5. Can you commit to one person?
- 6. How do you look right now?
- 7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
- 8. How often do you listen to music?
- 9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
- 10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2014?
- 11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
- 12. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
- 13. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
- 14. Can you drive a stick shift?
- 15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
- 16. Are you going out of town soon?
- 17. When was the last time you cried?
- 18. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
- 19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
- 20. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
- 21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
- 22. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
- 23. Are you nice to everyone?
- 24. What are you sitting on right now?
- 25. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
- 26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
- 27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
- 28. Do you get a lot of colds?
- 29. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
- 30. Does anyone hate you?
- 31. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
- 32. Do you like watching scary movies?
- 33. Are you a jealous person?
- 34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
- 35. Did you have a dream last night?
- 36. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
- 37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
- 38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
- 39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- 40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
- 41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship?
- 42. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
- 43. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
- 44. What’s the best part about school?
- 45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
- 46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
- 47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
- 48. Were you single over the last summer?
- 49. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
- 50. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive?
some muggleborn like “i want to be an astronaut when i grow up!”
wizard kids like “wtf is an astronaut”
"oh you know…the people who go to the moon"